1. Tell us about your role at Wonolo?
At Wonolo, I am the VP of People and Culture- basically I lead a team of great individuals who are engaged in the daily business of ensuring that everyone loves their job, if not all of the time, then most of the time.
2. Can you tell us about your journey into this market?
I personally prefer to work at a heavily mission driven company.
For me, there’s no higher calling than helping an underserved community find work.
3. How do you think technology is upgrading HR Sector?
HR technology is all about creating connections. Connections in the data, between disparate systems, between distributed parties and in Wonolo’s world, between people and opportunities.
4. How has technology eased staffing for organizations?
At Wonolo, we’ve used technology to open hundreds of thousands opportunities to work as flexibly as you want. For organizations, we’ve unlocked a huge workforce that was previously out of reach.
5. Can you explain how does your platform help individuals in getting recruited?
On Wonolo’s platform, you don’t need a resume, you don’t need to commit to working 9-5 Monday through Friday. You can work when you want, where you want. And for a lot of jobs on the platform, there is also the possibility of being hired full-time if that’s what you are looking for.
6. What features of your staffing solution differentiates it in the market?
Our ability to connect companies with a large workforce of In-Demand workers who can fulfill changing staffing needs.
7. What advice would you like to give to the technology Start Ups?
Think outside the box when hiring workers, give up your biases, give up your reservations about folks because of the color of their skin or sins of their past.
There is a world of folks wanting to work for you, if you let them.
8. How do you prepare for an AI-Centric world?
Keep your growth mindset muscle strong. Don’t get entrenched in overly cumbersome systems, structures or policies Stay nimble and open to the change.
9. What are the major developments you are planning, in recent time?
We recently made the move to a remote-first company. We’d been thinking about it for a long time and with Covid forcing us to work remotely, we made the leap. It’s a fun and exciting challenge.
10. Can you tell us about your team and how it supports you?
My team consists of Employee Experience (supports our in-officed population, remote engagement, HR generalist work, benefits, compensation etc), Recruiting and IT Support and Security.
11. What movie inspires you the most?
Maybe Batman? Sure he’s rich, but really he’s a superhero of his own making. He doesn’t have super strength or invisibility and yet, he has made himself into a superhero because he saw a problem that needed to be solved (crime in Gotham).
12. Can you give us a glance of the applications you use on your phone?
My phone’s not working right now because I dropped it in the hot tub (oops)