As technology continues to develop and employee expectations reshape the workplace, talent-sourcing professionals can struggle to stay up to date on the latest strategies and techniques to ensure their agency and office are successful in the ever-evolving world of work. To address these concerns, CPS HR Consulting is set to host its fifth annual conference, Accelerate 2020: The Evolving World of Work, in February in Napa Valley, California. The conference will focus on helping professionals succeed during a time of rapid change hrtech news.
Key sessions are highlighted below:
Day One – Wednesday, Feb. 5 – 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Paul Loehr will open the conference with a half-day workshop designed for human resources (HR) professionals who want to develop their organization’s HR analytic capabilities by gathering key data, developing meaningful metrics and using analytics in decision making hrtech.
- In Wednesday’s keynote, Haider Abdullah and Brad Fleiss explore four trends emerging from Mercer research on global talent and the implications of a fast-changing industry.
- For the final session of day one, Haider Abdullah and Brad Fleiss will guide the audience through a facilitated discussion about where their organization is currently, and how they can take action to prepare for the evolving future of work.
Day Two – Thursday, Feb. 6 – 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- To open day two, Sara Christiansen, author of “Critical Leadershift: Why Traditional Management Techniques are Counterproductive in the Modern Workplace” and well-known social scientist, will lead the keynote session. This session will examine the transition that modern HR professionals must make, from an administrative and risk-management professional, to a strategic business partner.
- At 10:45 a.m., in a breakout session, Preet Bassi, CEO, Center for Public Safety Excellence, will discuss eight critical issues that public service professionals must address to remain relevant in the 21st Century.
- For the next session, Igor Shegolev will lead a discussion centered around pay equity in the modern workplace. The session will analyze some of the main causes of pay inequities and provide methods to combat these issues.
Day Three – Friday, Feb. 7 – 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- For the first general session of the day, Dr. Steven Jones, CEO, Jones and Associate Consulting, will discuss the importance of interrupting biases in ourselves and our systems. The audience will learn practices to better understand unconscious biases and, as a result, leverage a more diverse workforce.
- Next, at 11 a.m., Margie Maulden, president, Executive Feedback, will educate HR professionals on the importance of effective communication and feedback in the workplace.
Along with additional workshops and speakers, CPS HR Consulting will announce the recipient of the 2020 Talent Management Grant at the conference. This $20,000 grant is awarded each year to an agency that displays excellence in HR through public services that foster quality, fairness, equity and solutions to organizational needs.
Registration for Accelerate 2020: The Evolving World of Work closes on Feb. 1, 2020.
For more information on the schedule and speakers, as well as to register and book accommodations, visit: www.cpshr.us/Accelerate2020.