Sun Life has partnered with PlanSource, a leading provider of cloud-based benefits software, to amplify the benefits experience for HR leaders through streamlined and automated enrollment capabilities. This partnership continues the expansion of Sun Life’s digital strategy with key HR and benefit technology solutions, and brings the right solutions to more of Sun Life’s employer clients to fit their HR administrative needs.
“Now more than ever, employers crave an end-to-end benefits experience that helps employees navigate and understand their benefits in a digital world,” said David Healy, senior vice president, Group Benefits, Sun Life U.S. “We are committed to bringing our clients innovative HR and benefits solution options, so they can choose the platform that best fits their unique goals. We are pleased to work with an industry-leading solution like PlanSource to bring our suite of benefits to employees in an educational and engaging way.”
As part of the PlanSource Boost program, Sun Life works to eliminate manual aspects of the benefits administration experience, such as exchange of evidence of insurability (EOI) data, through real-time automation and connection capabilities. Greater connectivity will optimize the benefits administration and management experience for HR teams and provide an easy and more meaningful benefits enrollment experience for employees.
“It’s important to have Sun Life join the PlanSource Boost program to continue to modernize the benefits industry and the way that benefits administration platforms and carriers work together,” said Bradley Taylor, executive vice president of Strategic Partnerships at PlanSource. “For our mutual clients, we must craft a superior customer experience. Having Sun Life’s broad portfolio of benefits, as well as their commitment to innovation and digital benefits solutions is valuable to the success of the Boost program.”
“Even before the pandemic, we were seeing a real desire from employers for digital everything,” added Healy. “And now, with the challenges of the pandemic and the dynamic of the way we work shifting, employers want to engage employees safely and efficiently, in a more convenient, simplified way.”
PlanSource and Sun Life will develop APIs (application programming interface) to enhance digital benefits connection capabilities and remove burdensome administrative tasks for HR. API connections include:
- Evidence of Insurability (EOI) – Employees can seamlessly complete EOI questionnaires within the benefits shopping experience, and decisions are automatically updated in PlanSource which triggers notifications to the employee and the HR team.
- Benefit plan configuration – Automates the setup and renewal process by syncing data for benefit plans, features, and rates, reducing setup time and eliminating errors.
- Enrollment – Real-time delivery of member enrollment information removes the need for batch data files and time-consuming verifications between PlanSource and Sun Life.
- Member portal – Provides easy, streamlined access for employees to instantly enter the Sun Life Connect member portal after they have enrolled.
- Provider directory – Employees can easily search for and select providers for Sun Life’s dental and vision plans without leaving the PlanSource shopping experience.
For more such Updates Log on to www.hrtechcube.com